Armed with fully charged Lipo batteries, I went out to a nearby field to maiden my foamcore delta wing plane. The first two flights were a disaster. As with my F22, the elevons were reversed and it was completely uncontrollable.  I quickly fixed that problem and actually had a decent flight. (See video.) After changing batteries, I took it up again and realized that I could not turn left or right. I quickly nosed down and put it in before it went into the trees. Luckily it sustained only minor damage. The problem was that the paper was pulling away from the foam causing the control surfaces to malfunction.  Back to the shop for repairs...at least I learned something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment