11.28.2010

The Ledge Train - Part 3

With my workshop now mostly operational, I've finally been able to get back to work on the Ledge Train project. Twenty-five pieces of 36" flex track are now en route to my house and I've cut a 4x8 sheet of 1/2" sanded pine down to 4' x 3 1/8" pieces.

Cut track base sections
I've started construction on two prototype track sections and have documented a 10 step process for manufacturing each piece. Whiteboarding has really helped for organizing and reorganizing.

Painted, soldering, and gluing the prototypes


I still haven't made up my mind on the bridge. With my deadline fast approaching, I may have to scale back my initial bridge plan to something a little simpler. Perhaps a covered bridge?

Whiteboarding track section construction

No comments:

Post a Comment