12.15.2010

The Ledge Train - Part 4

For the last week and over the cold and icy weekend I was able to put quite a few hours against the train project. The bulk of the design work is complete and the remaining tasks are pure labor.


Yesterday, I decided to assemble the completed track pieces and test the train. Unfortunately, my puny 6-foot step ladder was only enough to get me at eye level with the ledge. Reluctantly, I brought in my metal extension ladder. Getting connectors and rail joiners to line up while standing on a ladder proved to be a challenge; especially without disturbing the pieces that were already connected. After drawing some blood and muttering a few choice words, I completed a 15 foot section. With alligator clips and some long wire, I rigged the transformer up and placed the engine and cars on the track. Thankfully, it worked and it looks great! Can't wait to see it complete the loop around the room by itself.




With only 11 days to go, I'm starting to feel the pressure. I really want the train up for Christmas, but I don't want to rush it -- I want it done right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment